Tuesday 16 October 2012

Longest.Level grind.Ever.

Okay, I admit, I was ridiculously bitter when the xp-to-level was nerfed for all levels in previous expansions. It took me months to hit 60 and now people are doing it in a week or less. But damn it all, I didn't mean for Blizzard to super-buff the level grind to 90! I didn't notice the grind much from 85 to 87. That wasn't so bad. But as soon as I hit 88, it just started to really bog down. 10 hours later and I'm still only 50% into the level. I feel that after 10 hours, I should be 89 already, or at least close to it. Halfway is just ridiculous.

85 to 87 seemed to take no time at all, and that's saying something considering how much of those levels were spent playing pokewow instead of actually leveling. I'm not calling for a huge xp-to-level nerf but it would be nice to not spend 20 hours just to get through one level. Seems a bit extreme to me. The quests are at least really fun so far, so that gets me through them. But the process itself has just been so tedious that I'm seriously considering leveling my monk all the way to max after this, instead of one of my other 85's, just because I'm not keen to do this again so soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah that was my top complaint as well when it came to leveling... 88-90 is way too grindy. It feels like if you really want to put a dent into those two levels you HAVE to run out to Townlong and Dread Wastes to get decent experience... which means ditching whatever zone you dinged 88 in (Four Winds, Krasarang, Kun-Lai). Apparently on beta the leveling speed was alright, but before launch they buffed the experience needed up 55%. I understand Blizzard wants us to see all of Pandaria, but with no flying until level 90 it really makes it difficult to actually get to enjoy Pandaria this way, let alone slog through it with alts.

    And then wait until you hit 90 and are introduced to the World of Dailycraft... :(

    ReplyDelete